Pop into the shop anytime
Bailiffgate Museum and Gallery shop is open all museum hours. It offers visitors and passers-by an amazing range of books, videos, maps, gifts, toys, DVDs and other items. Most of these relate to the North Northumberland area.
Many items are difficult, or even impossible, to find anywhere else. You don't have to pay a museum entrance fee to visit the shop, so make sure you come and see for yourself what's on offer the next time you are in central Alnwick..
We have presents and souvenirs for all ages and tastes at affordable prices, such as:
- Books including books linked to our recent hugely successful fashion exhibition (see right) and works by many local authors such as Tom Cadwallender's 'Birdwatching on the Northumberland Coast' and "Harry Hotspur, Border Knight" by Carol Dixon. Also the very latest work on the Alnwick Castle Gardens and moving children's titles such as "The Little Hen and the Great War".
- Photographs and Prints of the work of great artists such as Lee Kershaw and Victoria Miller.
- Stationery and Cards. Created from originals by famous local printer William Davison and wonderful artists such as Jane Jackson.
- Toys and Games including replicas of popular toys from long ago which today’s children find fascinating. Everything from Diablos to Jacks and Pick-Up Sticks.
- Maps such as replicas of old Ordnance Survey (OS) maps, Alnwick in 1897 and Alnwick and District in 1901
- Railway Items Supporting the Museum’s permanent exhibition which includes a model of Whittingham Station, we have a variety of books, including ‘The Amble Branch’ by Bartle Rippon and a DVD.
- Jewellery Lindsey Whittle of Green Onyx has been supplying us with her beautiful jewellery since our museum shop opened. Each piece is handmade and unique.
You are welcome to contact us to check if we have anything on a particular topic of local interest.