See what's behind the scenes
This website, bailiffgatemuseum.co.uk, will always be the place to go to find the latest news about what is happening at Bailiffgate-the latest exhibitions and events etc when you want to visit us next. Visit us and see three floors of fascinating items and exhibitions.
There is, however, a huge amount of other, fascinating material that we just don't have room to show in the museum. These archives are therefore being made accessible through our new, second website bailiffgatecollections.co.uk
This material includes such aspects as:
- BailiffgateTV -our online video collection of films from earlier times, plus the captured memories of Alnwick citizens.
- Old Photographs-stunning images, some from the earliest times of the medium.
- Documents, Posters and Artworks from our archives.
- Our online record in tribute to the over 1500 fallen in WW1 from this area.
- Our Street - projects by the residents of particular areas.
- Community Projects undertaken by Bailiffgate in and around this area in recent years.
All of these are being added to all the time, so it's always worth a look at bailiffgatecollections.co.uk
Andrew and Madeline Gray. Although Andrew only had one arm, he was able to work as a telegraphist sending Morse code. (From "Alnwick Victorians" photo-collection.
Watch videos on "Bailiffgate TV" including one about the ancient and bizarre Shrove Tuesday football match, still played today.
Plenty of wonderful old photographs, posters and even saucy postcards in our "Collections".