Visit the Bailiffgate Museum and Gallery
Bailiffgate has something to interest all ages and all types of people:
- If you are a family there is lots for children to enjoy in the museum - but things for Mums and Dads and other adults as well. Fascinating stories and exhibits showing the history and culture of the North Northumberland.
- New to the area? You could find no better way to start your visit. Learn all about the region, helping you to gain more from all the other exciting and scenic places that surround Alnwick
- For business people, Bailiffgate is an unusual, conveniently situated and cost-effective venue for sales meetings, seminars, product launches etc.
- Researchers will discover an ever-increasing depth of archive material is being made available, as well as our wide range of permanent exhibits.
We want you to gain as much as you possibly can from your visit, so feel free to contact us in advance and ask about any particular field of interest you may have.
Children (5-16) £1
Under 5s Free
*Senior citizens, students, people with a disability, and people who are unemployed
10am - 4pm
Tuesday to Sunday, all year, plus Bank Holiday Mondays.
Please note the Museum will close for our Christmas maintenance on Sunday 11th December 2016 , and then reopen on Tuesday 10th January 2017
How to get here
By car: Alnwick is just off the A1 between Newcastle and Berwick. Bailiffgate Museum and Gallery is located near the Bailiffgate entrance to Alnwick Castle. (Postcode for satnavs NE66 1LX). There is limited parking outside for 4 hours but a number of other car parks are to be found in the town nearby. Note: The museum is also only a short walk from the Alnwick Garden main car park and entrance which is on the south side of the town.
On foot: Follow pedestrian signs for Bailiffgate Museum via Narrowgate
By bus: The Museum is only a street away from Alnwick bus station. See Arriva Bus for timetables.
By rail: East Coast (Kings Cross to Edinburgh) mainline trains stop on the coast at Alnmouth station approximately 4 miles away, from where there are bus and taxi links. For train times see National Rail Enquiries.
Access and facilities
- Wheelchair / pushchair access to all areas
- Lift to all floors
- Standard and fully accessible toilets
- Baby changing facilities
- Large print information sheets available from reception
- Guide dogs welcome