Loans Box – Early British Civilisations
£0.00 – £15.00
Early British Civilisations offers such items as replica pots and tools, roe deer and boar hides. Costumes for a timeline plenary are available on request.
Key Stages 1/2
Additional Curriculum Subjects: Science, Biology, Art, Literacy
|2 animal skins|
|Pretend ‘poo’ for Poo Hunt
2 x Roman, 2 x Viking, 2 x Tudor master sheets for photocopying
|8 small clay pots|
|Set of clay beads|
|2 x clay drinking vessels|
|2 x flint cutting tools|
|Replica Pair Roman sandals|
|Replica Pair woollen Saxon shoes|
|Replica Pair leather Saxon shoes (pink)|
|Replica Pair leather Saxon shoes (blue)|
|Two replica pairs Saxon shoes (cream)|
|Girl’s Saxon style dress with photo|
|Boy’s Saxon style costume with photo|
|Maroon coloured wool check ‘T’ tunic|
|2 x cream-coloured togas with red overwraps (Romans)|
|3 x leather soldiers tunics (Romans)|
|3 x leather belts|
|Medieval style red dress with fur trim & headdress|
|Medieval style red dress with gold trim, gold fabric belt & headdress|
|Medieval style maroon dress with cream under-tunic & headdress|
|Navy nylon Tudor style dress|
|Man’s maroon tunic with green flower trim|
|Red velvet gown with silver trim|
|5 x woollen cloaks|
|Mediaeval style cone shaped headdress|
|Replica Roman standard on pole|
|Folder with book: Early Britain|
|Folder with book: Explore Archaeology|
|Folder with book: Life and Death in the Prehistoric North|
|Laminated picture of a Stone Age man|
- All boxes are available for you to borrow free of charge during 2021 for up to two weeks for your school, childcare centre or for your child/youth group, with a limit of two boxes at any one time (kindly sponsored by who is it?). The boxes are also available for home schooling, subject to availability. The charge for homeschool use is £15 including VAT per box for a 2-week rental. Please choose the applicable option when booking.
- All rentals run from a Saturday to the Saturday 2 weeks later. Booking is online only, and the calendar below indicates when this particular box is available. Click on your desired Saturday booking start date, the system will then temporarily reserve your chosen 2-weeks, so that you may proceed to the basket to complete your booking.
- Your chosen loans box must be returned to Bailiffgate Museum with all its items* by the second Saturday (note the system will also reserve the following week for the box to be checked and cleaned before re-use)
- We regret that we are unable to offer a delivery or collection service.
- Adult supervision is required at all times of use. Children must wash their hands thoroughly after handling the artefacts, as some of them may contain lead-based paints.
- Also available: book a session either morning or afternoon with a box (as available) in the Museum. This costs £7.50 including VAT plus the normal museum admission charges. This is a group-led, not a museum-led activity. Use our separate booking page for this.
* See our Terms and Conditions for the charges for late return and missing items. Booking automatically accepts these terms.