Loans Box – Tudor Clothes
£0.00 – £15.00
Loans Box 6 -Tudor Clothes
Key Stages 1/2
Subjects : History, Science, Art, Social History
In the Tudor period poor people wore simple, loose-fitting clothes made from woollen cloth. Most men wore trousers made from wool and a tunic which came down to just above their knee. Women wore a dress of wool that went down to the ground. Those with more money differentiated themselves with richly made and striking garments of different fabrics. This box offers some examples.
|Doublet and Hat (Gold colour)|
|Bodice and Trousers (Red)|
|Navy lace-up bodice with gold trim|
|Pink under-dress with lace trim|
|Long Waistcoat x 4
· blue with a white fur trim
· gold velvet
· russet velvet
|Red Dresses x 3|
|French hood x 3 (one without a headband)|
|French hood with veil|
|Man’s Hat (Red With green feather)|
|Heraldic Tabard x 2 Black With Percy Lion|
|Boy’s white shirt with Ruff|
|Leather Hat (Brown)|
|Green & burnt orange doublet and baggy hose|
|Adult lady’s Tudor costume with hoops|
All boxes are available for you to borrow free of charge during 2021 for up to two weeks for your school, childcare centre or for your child/youth group, with a limit of two boxes at any one time (kindly sponsored by who is it?). The boxes are also available for home schooling, subject to availability. The charge for homeschool use is £15 including VAT per box for a 2-week rental. Please choose the applicable option when booking.
- All rentals run from a Saturday to the Saturday 2 weeks later. Booking is online only, and the calendar below indicates when this particular box is available. Click on your desired Saturday booking start date, the system will then temporarily reserve your chosen 2-weeks, so that you may proceed to the basket to complete your booking.
- Your chosen loans box must be returned to Bailiffgate Museum with all its items* by the second Saturday (note the system will also reserve the following week for the box to be checked and cleaned before re-use)
- We regret that we are unable to offer a delivery or collection service.
- Adult supervision is required at all times of use. Children must wash their hands thoroughly after handling the artefacts, as some of them may contain lead-based paints.
- Also available: book a session either morning or afternoon with a box (as available) in the Museum. This costs £7.50 including VAT plus the normal museum admission charges. This is a group-led, not a museum-led activity. Use our separate booking page for this.
* See our Terms and Conditions for the charges for late return and missing items. Booking automatically accepts these terms.