Capturing your Lockdown Experience for Posterity
Bailiffgate is launching a ‘Heritage from Home’ project to collect and preserve the experiences and feelings of people of all ages in Alnwick and the surrounding area during the Covid-19 pandemic. The Project is publicly funded by the National Lottery through the Arts Council of England.
We invite you to use your smartphones or cameras to record short pieces of audio and video about your thoughts and experiences and send them in.
We are looking for diverse and wide ranging material and voices from the area – funny, sad, serious or silly. We want to hear your voices and see your photographs and video – your reactions to these challenging times.
• Record an audio interview with a member of your family
• Demonstrate a new or relearned skill
• Photograph a favourite walk and record your impressions
• Write a poem or a short story and read and record it
• Video a new or favourite recipe
• Video a new vegetable patch and talk about it
• Photograph or scan a drawing and talk about why you did it
• Record a short video of an important object and tell us why it is significant to you
• Send us a photograph of a relative and tell us about them
• Photograph and comment on changes you’ve noticed in your area
We will make a selection of the content we receive, edit into short films and upload them to our website, YouTube channel, Bailiffgate TV, and our social media.
All material submitted will be archived for future generations and form part of the Bailiffgate Collection. The past three
months have been an unprecedented time and this digital collection will give an understanding to future generations of how our Northumberland community experienced life under Lockdown.
Information, hints and tips on how to submit material are in our downloadable FAQ's, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Harry Henderson on 07812 597151.
Closing date for submissions is Monday 31st August 2020.