COVID-19 will be a feature of our lives for the foreseeable future. We need to learn to live with it and manage the risk to ourselves and others.
All of us can play our part by understanding the situations where risks of COVID-19 infection and transmission are likely to be higher, and taking action to reduce these risks.
The safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff is Bailiffgate's number one priority. In view of this some measures remain in place across the museum and gallery to ensure that your visit remains a safe and enjoyable experience.
We continue to review the Government guidance and make changes appropriately making sure we communicate them to visitors and volunteers.
To keep people safe during the pandemic we have a number of things still in place
- Pre-booking your ticket is possible through Art Tickets with timeslot tickets and limited visitor numbers in place Bailiffgate Museum & Gallery - Art Tickets you can also turn up at the museum and buy your tickets
- Cleaning of the museum and gallery – our enhanced cleaning route remains in place
- Ventilation – we will continue to open doors where possible and allow air to circulate
- Feeling unwell with COVID symptoms or awaiting a COVID test result – please do not visit the museum or come in to volunteer at the museum.
- Test and Trace - Whilst there is no longer a legal requirement for any visitor over the age of 16 to provide Test & Trace information, our QR code and our signing in slips are available for anyone wishing to voluntarily ‘check in’.
- Face covering - Please wear a face covering when visiting indoor areas, unless you are exempt. You should wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed areas where you come into contact with people you don’t usually meet.
- Social Distance please consider other people and continue to keep your distance for everyone’s safety
- Hand gel remains in place across the venue and their regular use is encouraged, along with frequent hand washing
- Handwashing Regular hand washing is an effective way to reduce your risk of catching illnesses, including COVID-19.
- Our ShopScreen at the front desk will remain in place.
Signs remain in place around Bailiffgate to provide you with clear information to keep you and others safe, and we ask that you follow the one-way routes where applicable.
It is the responsibility of adults to ensure that children in their care are supervised at all times and that they also follow the social distancing guidelines.