A Timeline of Toys and Games Box B
£0.00 – £15.00
Box 3B – A Timeline of Toys and Games
Key Stages Applicable – All Stages
Subjects : History, Geography, Science, Literacy
These boxes (there are two identical boxes, 3 A and B because of the high demand) encompass children’s toys in the whole period from Eyptian times to the present day, with an emphasis on participation and enjoyment.
|Wooden sword and shield|
|Egyptian paddle doll|
|Wooden acrobat (Monkey)|
|Cup and ball|
|Wooden bobbin hoopla with 6 rope hoops|
|Whip and top|
|Viewmaster and cards|
|Knuckle bones (4) with instruction sheet|
|Building blocks (12)|
|Glass marbles (1 large, 10 small)|
|Black metal car|
|Knitted teddy bear|
|Sorry board game|
|Sardine tin truck|
|Book of historical games|
|Baby Jill Card Toy|
|2 x Baby Jill cut out doll|
|9 laminated question sheets|
|Hobby Horse (not in suitcase)|
- All boxes are available for you to borrow free of charge during 2021 for up to two weeks for your school, childcare centre or for your child/youth group, with a limit of two boxes at any one time (kindly sponsored by who is it?). The boxes are also available for home schooling, subject to availability. The charge for homeschool use is £15 including VAT per box for a 2-week rental. Please choose the applicable option when booking.
- All rentals run from a Saturday to the Saturday 2 weeks later. Booking is online only, and the calendar below indicates when this particular box is available. Click on your desired Saturday booking start date, the system will then temporarily reserve your chosen 2-weeks, so that you may proceed to the basket to complete your booking.
- Your chosen loans box must be returned to Bailiffgate Museum with all its items* by the second Saturday (note the system will also reserve the following week for the box to be checked and cleaned before re-use)
- We regret that we are unable to offer a delivery or collection service.
- Adult supervision is required at all times of use. Children must wash their hands thoroughly after handling the artefacts, as some of them may contain lead-based paints.
- Also available: book a session either morning or afternoon with a box (as available) in the Museum. This costs £7.50 including VAT plus the normal museum admission charges. This is a group-led, not a museum-led activity. Use our separate booking page for this.
* See our Terms and Conditions for the charges for late return and missing items. Booking automatically accepts these terms.