Loans Box – Tudor Life
£0.00 – £15.00
Loans Box 5 -Tudor Life
Key Stages 1/2
Subjects : History, Geography, Maths, Music, Literacy, RE, Art ( KS 3/4)
This loans box contains a mass of practical items and copyable materials applicable to a wide range of subject areas. All are presentable in the context of the lives of ordinary Tudor citizens and their Lords and Masters.
|Coin (Henry VIII Groat)|
|Pewter Ink Well|
|Quill Pens x 5|
|Imitation Horn Book (made of wood)|
|Black Metal Candlestick|
|Tudor Spice Chest|
|Five Stones game|
|Cup and Ball|
|Clay Pipe (in Ice Cream Box )|
|CD- Henry the VIII & His chopping block.|
|Folder of A Tudor house|
|Monk’s costume for an adult|
|Folder A Tudor House Speke Hall and the Norris Family|
|Information Sheets and Master Copies For Teachers|
|Tudor Alphabet A|
|Tudor Alphabet B|
|How to make a Ruff|
|Merrils Board and Pieces|
|Rules of the Merrils Board|
|The coming of the Tudors pack|
|Katherine of Aragon and the Young King including an account of the Battle of Flodden|
|Henry Vlll Timeline|
|Cup and Ball|
|The Poor in Tudor Times|
|Tudor Music and Costume Workshop Leader Instructions|
|Tudor imagery – A picture Paints a Thousand Words|
|Workshop/ Classroom ideas for teachers and leaders|
|1||Heroes History of the Tudors|
|2||History of Britain Henry VIII|
|3||History of Britain Shakespeare and the Theatre|
|4||History of Britain Tudor Explorers|
|5||Bloody Tower – A Tudor Girl’s Diary 1553-1559|
|Poem Scrolls and LaminatedTranslations|
|1||Jock O’ The Side|
|2||The Death of Parcy Reed|
|3||The Flower of Northumberland|
|The Family of Henry Vlll|
|Court Costume for Children c 1596|
|Court Costume for Men c 1540|
|Sir Frances Drake|
|The Mary Rose|
|The Armada Portrait of Elizabeth 1|
|Sir Walter Raleigh with His Eldest Son|
|Elizabeth Aged about Thirteen|
|William Cecil Lord Burghley|
|The English Fleet and the Spanish Armada|
|Henry V111 in middle age|
Please return master copies to the packs after copying.
All boxes are available for you to borrow free of charge during 2021 for up to two weeks for your school, childcare centre or for your child/youth group, with a limit of two boxes at any one time (kindly sponsored by who is it?). The boxes are also available for home schooling, subject to availability. The charge for homeschool use is £15 including VAT per box for a 2-week rental. Please choose the applicable option when booking.
- All rentals run from a Saturday to the Saturday 2 weeks later. Booking is online only, and the calendar below indicates when this particular box is available. Click on your desired Saturday booking start date, the system will then temporarily reserve your chosen 2-weeks, so that you may proceed to the basket to complete your booking.
- Your chosen loans box must be returned to Bailiffgate Museum with all its items* by the second Saturday (note the system will also reserve the following week for the box to be checked and cleaned before re-use)
- We regret that we are unable to offer a delivery or collection service.
- Adult supervision is required at all times of use. Children must wash their hands thoroughly after handling the artefacts, as some of them may contain lead-based paints.
- Also available: book a session either morning or afternoon with a box (as available) in the Museum. This costs £7.50 including VAT plus the normal museum admission charges. This is a group-led, not a museum-led activity. Use our separate booking page for this.
* See our Terms and Conditions for the charges for late return and missing items. Booking automatically accepts these terms.