Loans Box -Childhood Memories
£0.00 – £15.00
Loans Box : Childhood Memories
Subjects: History, Science, Literacy
Our childhood memories box serves both an educational role in social history, but also as an excellent stimulus for discussion in care homes and clubs for the elderly. A survey conducted by Bailiffgate Museum found very high levels of recall of childhood toys in the sector.
|Little Dots Child’s magazine|
|Wooden soled boots|
|Drawstring Bag with 8 glass marbles|
|Bag of dibs|
|1950s liberty bodice|
|Yellow plastic duck|
|2 teething rings|
|3 Photos of children with toys|
|1950s child’s coat|
|Small canvas satchel|
|Copybook and dip pen|
|Slate and slate pencil|
|Wooden pencil box|
|School reading book – Wide Range Reader|
|School work card|
|1950s Time and Tune pamphlet|
|Glass baby bottle|
|Glaxo Baby Book|
|Holy Communion book|
|Wooden cup and ball|
|Wooden whip and 2 tops|
|2 Derbac combs in Derbac Tin|
|Camera with canvas case|
|3 Photos of granddad on the farm|
|Child’s christening dress and hat|
|Cough medicine bottle with cork|
|Ladybird Book Beauty and the Beast|
|Book: How Things Have Changed in the Home|
All boxes are available for you to borrow free of charge during 2021 for up to two weeks for your school, childcare centre or for your child/youth group, with a limit of two boxes at any one time (kindly sponsored by who is it?). The boxes are also available for home schooling, subject to availability. The charge for homeschool use is £15 including VAT per box for a 2-week rental. Please choose the applicable option when booking.
- All rentals run from a Saturday to the Saturday 2 weeks later. Booking is online only, and the calendar below indicates when this particular box is available. Click on your desired Saturday booking start date, the system will then temporarily reserve your chosen 2-weeks, so that you may proceed to the basket to complete your booking.
- Your chosen loans box must be returned to Bailiffgate Museum with all its items* by the second Saturday (note the system will also reserve the following week for the box to be checked and cleaned before re-use)
- We regret that we are unable to offer a delivery or collection service.
- Adult supervision is required at all times of use. Children must wash their hands thoroughly after handling the artefacts, as some of them may contain lead-based paints.
- Also available: book a session either morning or afternoon with a box (as available) in the Museum. This costs £7.50 including VAT plus the normal museum admission charges. This is a group-led, not a museum-led activity. Use our separate booking page for this.
* See our Terms and Conditions for the charges for late return and missing items. Booking automatically accepts these terms.