Resources for Educators
A range of free educational resources is being developed by the Bailiffgate Museum to assist teachers, parents, home educators, group leaders and all those who are concerned to make local history and geography more accessible and enjoyable for young minds.
- One area of topical value is World War One, where a whole range of material has been created in association with the Western Front Association. This section includes specific content on those who fought and died from the Alnwick area, and also encompases the big issues of WW1 as a whole. View WW1 resources
- Bailiffgate Museum contains a wide range of displays stimulating learning for all ages of pupil. A downloadable self-completion resource has been created to assist the learning process, taking the pupil visitor on a learning trail around the whole museum floor Download Questions Download Questions with Answers
- There is also a shorter question sheet for use in museum visits
- The museum has created a range of loans boxes covering diverse topics mainly in the area of local and social history. Along with these, there are a number of free downloadable worksheets and information sheets available covering topics such as rationing and creating a street party menu
- There are downloadable handwriting sheets to be used in activity areas such as our Victorian classroom